Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jack's Trucks

I got the idea for this quilt while I was pregnant with my son Jack. My youngest son (at that time) was fascinated by all things with wheels. I wanted to try out paper piecing and just happened to have a paper piecing book with these patterns in it. I should have made the quilt for the son who loves trucks, but he already had lots of quilts and a pregnant mommy needs to make something for the baby in her tummy, right?



I originally planned to use big buttons as the wheels for these trucks, (very securely fastened buttons) but in the end decided to paint them on. I think that the painted wheels turned out nicely.

The "Jack's Trucks" inscription was hand embroidered, but now I have a fancy machine that will do that for me.




This quilt measures 39"x47". I would be willing to make another, but because of the time needed to piece each individual block, I would need to charge $150-$200 to make it worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment