Tuesday, January 4, 2011

John Deere Baby Quilt

This quilt was not commissioned by anyone. It was a case of love at first site in the fabric store. The front is regular cotton and the back is a snuggly flannel. I love the cute little cows, horses, sheep and tractors. I have two little boys who love everything John Deere, so my eye is automatically drawn to the fabrics that John Deere produces. They really have quite a big selection of a lot of fun things for babies and children.



I had noticed in my browsing a red barn-wood print that ended up going perfectly with this quilt as a binding.


I have recently changed my method of binding as well. I still machine attach one side and then blind stitch the other, but after a little research and noticing that the aging binding on the quilts of my older children was beginning to wear out, I decided that from now on I'm going to use bias binding whenever possible. I found a great tutorial here and have been using the instructions to make the continuous-cut bias tape for all of my past several quilts.

This quilt is currently at Lucky's Grill, waiting for an owner. The price for this snuggly little guy is $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment